Tropical family resort on Mission Bay featuring 5 pools, a spa, watersports & activities
It’s Southern California, just as you’ve pictured it–blue skies, towering palms and a landscape exploding with color. And it’s all here outside your plush bungalow. Step onto your lanai to find cloudless skies, lapping waves, soft sand beaches and lush gardens.
Sound like paradise? You may just have found it at Paradise Point Resort & Spa–a private 44-acre island tucked away on Mission Bay, minutes from the heart of San Diego.
Maybe your idea of the perfect vacation is simply stretching out next to a pool with a refreshing cocktail and doing little else. Or perhaps you’re an explorer, eager to soak up as many Southern California experiences as each day allows. From spa services to water sports, the resort alone provides enough activities to keep every type of traveler happy.
Hotel Reservation Policies:
During the summer season, May 27 through September 5, the hotel requires that all changes and cancellations be made at least 7 days prior to arrival. Cancellations made at least 7 days prior to arrival are subject to a $25 cancellation fee. Cancellations made within 7 days of arrival are subject to one night’s room and tax plus a $25.00 cancellation fee. In the case of multiple rooms booked together, the cancellation fee applies to each room that is cancelled. No refunds will be given for early departures. During the rest of the year, standard 3-day cancellation policy applies.
• Official partner of Surfrider Foundation San Diego Chapter for protection of waterways and beaches
• All-electric car2go car-sharing program for guest and employee use around San Diego
• Named “Recycler of the Year” by the City of San Diego for participation in Commercial Food Scrap Composting Program
• Lush landscape featuring over 600 different types of carbon monoxide-converting plants and flowers
• Water conservation/irrigation system to prevent run-off into Mission Bay
• Use of high-quality sustainable, local products including all-natural bottled spring water from nearby Palomar Mountain
• Refillable dispenser systems for gust shampoo, conditioner and shower gel to eliminate individual packaging waste
• Wireless temperature control system for public spaces
• Guestroom bathrooms feature low flow toilets and shower heads
• Optional bath towel re-use program available in guestrooms
• No-water urinals utilized in men’s restrooms
• Engineering, bellmen, and security staff utilize electric carts or bicycles for on-property transportation
• Landscaping debris is repurposed as mulch/fertilizer
• LED lighting used throughout the property and indoor and outdoor lighting is limited when possible
• Housekeeping department implements a standard 3rd day wash cycle for guestrooms sheets
• Housekeeping attendants only clean with “Green Seal Certified” bathroom cleaners and carpet solutions
• All cardboard boxes are broken down, bundled and delivered to a recycling center
• Green waste collected separately to be recycled
• Employees are encouraged to conserve paper by not printing as many documents
• Paperless purchase order system
• Paperless applicant system for job seekers
• Employee handbook disseminated via CD-ROM
• Bike racks and skateboard storage for employees
- 100% Non-Smoking Property
- Accessible Guestrooms
- ATM/Cash Machine
- Audio/Visual Equipment
- Banquet Facility(s)
- Basketball Court
- Bay View Rooms (Some)
- Beach Rentals
- Beach View
- Bell Staff
- Bicycle Rentals
- Boat Rentals
- Bus/RV/Truck Parking
- Business Center
- Cable/Satellite Television with Premium Channels
- Children's Activities
- Coffee Shop / Cafe
- Connecting Rooms (Based on Availability)
- Convenience Store
- Copy Service
- Cribs (Based on Availability)
- Dry Cleaning/Valet Laundry
- Eco-Friendly Property
- Express Check In/Out
- Fax Service
- Fitness Center
- Front Desk Open 24 Hours
- Gift Shop
- Guest Laundromat
- Ice Machine
- In-Room Coffee Makers
- In-Room Data Port
- In-Room Flat Panel Televisions
- In-Room Hairdryers
- In-Room Irons & Ironing Boards
- In-Room Refrigerators
- In-Room Safes
- Jacuzzi/Hot Tub (Outdoor)
- Maid Service
- Massage/Spa Services
- Meeting Facilities
- Miniature Golf
- MP3 Player Docking Stations
- Multilingual Staff
- On-Site Car Rentals
- Pet Friendly
- Ping Pong
- Pool (Outdoor Heated)
- Pools - Multiple on Property
- Poolside Snackbar
- Putting Green
- Rollaway Beds (Based on Availability)
- Room Service
- Safety Deposit Boxes
- Suites Available
- Turndown Service (upon request)
- Vending Machines
- Video Checkout
- Volleyball Court
- Wake-Up Service
- Walking/Jogging/Hiking Trails
- Water Sports
- Waterfront Location
Baleen is Paradise Point Resort & Spa's signature upscale restaurant. Guests enjoy exquisite land and seafood, either indoors or al fresco. Signature dishes include lobster bisque, crab cakes with avocado salad and roquefort crusted filet mignon.
Barefoot Bar & Grill
- Hours: 7:00am to 11:00am Breakfast;
11:00am to 10:00pm Lunch and Dinner
A day at the beach wouldn’t be complete without a visit to Paradise Point’s Barefoot Bar & Grill restaurant, an island-inspired casual dining experience featuring panoramic views of San Diego’s Mission Bay. Famous for its live music and dancing, Barefoot Bar & Grill restaurant serves up sandwiches, salads and other pub favorites while the tropical drinks come complete with umbrellas—making it a festive destination after a day in paradise.
Caveman Pizza Company
This historic cave fires up quality pies, salads and garlic knots using only the freshest homespun dough and ingredients. Available for grab and go, or enjoy free evening delivery.
- Hours: Open Memorial Day through Labor Day
Located at the Main Pool, the Tropics Cantina serves authentic "fresh Mex" straight from Baja California, without the trip across the border. Dine a la fresca under towering palm trees on the restaurant's patio or poolside on a chaise lounge. Open seasonally.
Recreation & More
Paradise Point offers 5 different pools: the Main pool, the Adult Lagoon pool, the Meadow pool, the Waterfall pool and also the Lagoon pool.
The Spa at Paradise Point
Embark on an island journey for body & mind at this 7,050-square-foot oasis named a top resort spa by Conde Nast Traveler. Choose your sensory destination - Hawaii, Bali, Fiji, Thailand, or the classic Mainland and experience signature treatments using techniques and ingredients indigenous to each island.
Sports for Everyone!
Five tennis courts mean nearly round-the-clock availability and professional instructors can offer coaching and tips for any level player. A sand volleyball court inside the property’s perimeter is available, or a court may be arranged beachside. Paradise Point also offers guests the use of its own NBA regulation basketball court. Bocce ball, ping pong, horse shoes and lawn croquet round out the list of fun-in-the-sun things to do. An 18-hole putting golf course stretches along the property’s main entrance and is a perfect practice ground for aspiring junior PGA pros or a just-for-fun activity for the whole family. Our on-site Guest Recreation Department can assist guests in planning activities during their stay.
Paradise Point is most well-known for its private, full-service marina. Here, aquatic activities such as sailing, jet skiing, motor boating and kayaking can be learned and enjoyed. Another popular activity at the resort is bike rentals. Cruisers and Quads make roaming near and far relaxing and fun.